PAQUES with offices in the Netherlands, China, Latin America, North America, India and Southeast Asia is worldwide a leading player in the development, production and sale of high-quality biological purification systems for (waste) water and gas. Paques solutions are used in a variety of industries and offer enormous added value such as reuse and saving of water, generation of green energy and the recovery of valuable raw materials. Paques helps its customers to contribute to the most important challenges of our time. With its mission 'revitalizing resources' Paques offers quality and the company strives for the right balance between People, Planet and Profit.
Paques is an innovative company delivering custom made equipment and services based on engineering to order/configuring to order concept. Therefore the Paques organization includes multiple business concepts amongst others, innovation, contract execution and after sales services. From a financial perspective Paques is mainly a project driven organization. An excellent Global control framework is key for the contribution to our financial results.
Currently, we have a vacancy for an enthusiastic Group Controller.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Implement, maintain and operate the Group project control framework based on the Group strategy;
• Identify and pro-actively deal with risk areas within the company which do not comply with the Group strategy;
• Implement and maintain world class treasury and cash flow policy for the Group.
• Proactively contribute to and being involved in Group strategy;
• Ensure the planning and control cycles within the Paques Group;
• Provide regularly insight to management on key issues based on KPIs, benchmarking, financial trends etc.;
• Review, control and support appointed Paques regions;
• Anticipate and act on changes in legal and fiscal compliance issues;
• Cooperate with and manage external auditors, brokers, insurance companies and bankers;
• Ensure Group Compliance.
As a Group Controller you are a member of the Global Finance team, reporting to the CFO. This position is operationally based in Balk, The Netherlands.
· University level of education and excellent knowledge of business and risk control frameworks;
· At least 5 years’ experience in a complex, rapidly developing multinational organization, preferably in capital goods with project control exposure;
· The power to think, act and advice on management level with the capacity to translate long term visions into daily (operational) activities. Capability to easily switch between the different levels this job requires in its execution;
· The ability to think in data bases and to translate the business processes, and their (financial) key drivers into data bases and clear reports.
· Ability to set clear directions and priorities and to clarify roles and responsibilities;
· A proactive, structured working style and the ability to remain focused on goals in a complex environment combined with a ‘getting things done’ mentality;
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence, lead, coach and develop others;
· Fluent in English and in Dutch (verbally and in writing);
· Willing to travel to the Paques regions.
Your application with motivation needs to be addressed to before September 15th, 2019. Further information about this position can be obtained from Marie-José Roks, CFO (+31 (0)514-608500).