Global Process Engineer
PAQUES, with offices in the Netherlands, China, Latin America, North America, India and Southeast Asia, is a worldwide, leading player in the development, production and sale of high-quality biological purification systems for (waste) water and gas. Paques solutions are used in a variety of industries and offer enormous added value such as reuse and saving of water, generation of green energy and the recovery of valuable raw materials. Paques helps its customers to contribute to the most important challenges of our time. With its mission 'revitalizing resources' Paques offers quality and the company strives for the right balance between People, Planet and Profit.
As a leading and reliable partner in the development and application of innovative biotechnology, we are always looking for well-educated and driven professionals that can strengthen our team. Currently, we have a vacancy for an enthusiastic
Global Process Engineer
As a Global Process Engineer you are part of a small team within the R&D department. The team consisting of Mechanical Engineers and you as a Global Process Engineer work together on the new global product releases. Your teamleader Johnno is there to help, whenever you need him to.
Are you the Process Engineer that is looking for a challenging role in an international environment, where pro-activity, decisiveness and entrepreneurship are valued, and where you create your own future opportunities? Then do not hesitate to contact us with your application!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Designing biotechnological processes using various technologies and techniques, including formulating protocols and manuals for these biotechnological processes;
- Setting up documents and schematics (e.g. PFD/P&ID) required for the global release of new products;
- Documenting and maintaining design criteria in the appropriate documents and systems and making improvement proposals for product development;
- Build and operate lab or full scale pilots for R&D research;
- Setting up an infrastructure together with relevant other colleagues (e.g. ICT) that allows an efficient and secure release of documents from the Global organization to the regional offices;
- Providing technical training at the request of internal departments and/or external parties;
- Activities arising from Safety Directives and maintaining these guidelines in the technical construction file, and responsibility for the implementation of and compliance with the QHSE policy;
- Completing (parts of) projects;
- Commissioning and troubleshooting of biotechnological processes, domestically and abroad;
- Evaluation activities, including reports and presentations;
- Completing consultancy and service assignments, including reports and presentations;
- Evaluating the quality of process medium and biomass.
- Completed technical education on HBO- or academic level;
- Relevant practical experience (at least 3-5 years);
- In-depth command of knowledge areas/technologies/techniques, including microbiology and/or reactor study;
- Practical, professional and result-oriented personality;
- Customer-friendly approach and commercial affinity;
- Capable of working as part of the team as well as independently;
- Good communication skills;
- Language skills: written and spoken English.
Your application with motivation needs to be addressed to Emily Mitchell, firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about this position can be obtained from Johnno Lorist via phone number +31 0514-608500.
Paques Technology B.V., Tjalke de Boerstritte 24, Postbus 52, 8560 AB Balk, t: 0514-608500,