Senior Project Manager ENG
PAQUES with offices in the Netherlands, China, Latin America, North America, India and Southeast Asia is a worldwide leading player in the development, production and sale of high-quality biological treatment systems for wastewater and biogas production. Paques solutions are used in a variety of industries and offer enormous added value such as water reuse thereby saving water, the generation of green energy through biogas production and the recovery of valuable raw materials. Paques helps its customers wordwide to contribute to the most important challenges of our time. With its mission 'revitalizing resources' Paques offers quality and the company strives for the right balance between People, Planet and Profit.
As a leading and reliable partner in the development and application of innovative biotechnology, we are always looking for well-educated and driven professionals that can strengthen our team. Currently, we have a vacancy for an enthusiastic and strong:
Multidisciplinary and extensive projects in the field of water treatment and biogas require a manager with strong shoulders, a dynamic mindset and the drive and power to succeed. Working as a project manager within Paques is like being a topsporter. To be part of the winning team you have had the necessary training in the field of project and contract management, technology, finance, intercultural communication and also in the commercial field. Are you ready for the projectmatch of the day?
You have a strong sense of responsibility and where others see problems you see challenges, which you of course will quickly convert into solutions. Your positive mindset is something you transfer to your project team, the customer, and other stakeholders. In addition to being a technical top athlete, you are also very strong in terms of your communication.
You are successful because your work is based on strategy and a smooth planning, and you know how to encourage others to participate in this.
- As a Senior Project Manager within Paques you are responsible for Time, Costs and Quality of your assigned projects, therefore:
- You will lead the various projects and with that you also manage the project contracts, the associated commercial, technical and operational opportunities and risks;
- You are in the lead when it comes to all project activities to deliver a successful project. You are conscious of taking care of schedules and budgets, organizing work sessions and consultations (both internally and externally)
- You will proactively contribute into the time, costs and quality of the project contract during the quotation process. You will work closely with the Sales department to identify and manage project risks at an early stage.
- You will ensure that a structured project management method is used and you are constantly working on improving these methodologies and the necessary project approach
- You are proactive in managing risks, setting priorities and adjusting the project/project team when necessary. Quality problems and project delays as well as financial budgets are typical project risks that you will be able to mitigate. You want to prevent this at all times without losing sight of the customer's wishes regarding the end product; In other words, you will be responsible for time, costs and quality of your projects.
- You will identify additional works in projects and work out proposals for this towards the customer, in consultation with the Sales department;
- After project delivery, you will evaluate the process with the customer and the internal project participants. The results for improvement measures and Lessons Learned should be documented and then transfers neatly to your colleagues of the Services department.
- You periodically report to the management team to give project updates. You do this through the Monthly Project Review Process.
- To qualify for this exciting and dynamic role within the Paques project management team, we ask the following things from you:
- You have at least completed a bachelor study in a relevant technical discipline. You can think and act at a high level;
- You are preferably in the possession of an IPMA B certificate, APM, or comparable (eg Prince2); Or you can demonstrate that you have the knowledge of necessary project management methodologies through your experience as a project manager;
- You have at least five to seven years of relevant experience in complex projects, preferably with a number of turn-key contracts on your track record;
- You bring a cheerful and powerful personality and a proactive and result-oriented attitude
- Due to the international character of this position, it is essential that you speak and write English fluently. If you also speak a number of other foreign languages, that's a bonus! You do not only practice these language skills by telephone or e-mail, you also go to the various locations and will therefore make the necessary trips, we ask that you are willing to do so
- Perhaps and most importantly: a versatile and challenging position like this will energise and motivate you. What is better than realizing a successful project, together with a passionate group of people, that ensures satisfied customers and a more sustainable world?
- You will be working with skilled and enthusiastic colleagues. A team that is aware that when you work together you can achieve more!
- You will get the freedom to realise the intended results according to your own insight
- As a project manager within Paques, you are given the freedom to organise your day and time as you see necessary, partly working from home is very common within our team
- You will get the chance to visit beautiful countries and locations, with Paques naturally providing a good bed and breakfast
- As a passionate project manager you would like to develop yourself and learn. We offer the tools for you to do so. Education, courses, coaching or other needs; share it with us and we'll see if we can make it happen for you.
- If you achieve great successes, we will take the time to celebrate!
- Of course, we offer you, as our new top athlete a suitable top salary, depending on experience, level and work history.
Will you take this chance?
After reading this job description, do you think you are our new top athlete? If so then please don’t hesitate to respond with your resume and motivation. You can send this to for attention of Emily Mitchell. For more information about this position, please contact your future colleague and also line manager: Stephan van Brummelen on +31623865322.
Paques Technology B.V., Tjalke de Boerstritte 24, Postbus 52, 8560 AB Balk, t: 0514-608500, e: firstname.lastname@example.org