Senior Mechanical Engineer
PAQUES with offices in the Netherlands, China, Latin America, North America, India and Southeast Asia is worldwide a leading player in the development, production and sale of high-quality biological purification systems for (waste) water and gas. Paques solutions are used in a variety of industries and offer enormous added value such as reuse and saving of water, generation of green energy and the recovery of valuable raw materials. Paques helps its customers to contribute to the most important challenges of our time. With its mission 'revitalizing resources' Paques offers quality and the company strives for the right balance between People, Planet and Profit.
Currently, we have a vacancy for an enthusiastic
Senior Mechanical Engineer
A qualified, motivated and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer who wants to be responsible for the mechanical design / design of world-class treatment plants. You report to the Team Leader Mechanical Engineering and work within the projects together with colleagues from other fields. You combine a passion for technology with a commercial affinity. Going the extra mile is your second nature. Is this you? Apply now!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure mechanical designs or designs of purification of all current technologies and techniques that comply with the specifications and conditions (safety) guidelines;
- Translating the contract scope and specifications for design;
- Independently making engineering decisions (pump selection, pipe loop, etc.);
- Drafting (basic) layouts, line plots, tanks and skids;
- Providing, or under his responsibility, providing support to the Sales department;
- Capturing and maintaining design criteria in the appropriate documents and systems or have it done under his responsibility and taking care of securing them whether or not in consultation with the Product Team leader;
- Responsibility for carrying out, or having them carried out, consultancy assignments, including reporting and presentation;
- The execution of activities arising from relevant safety guidelines (e.g. CE Directive, Directive machine, ATEX, SIL PED), and supervising the correct execution of the activities of these safety guidelines as part of the manufacturing schedule;
- Responsible for the execution of (parts of) projects, whether or not by third parties and for monitoring and realizing the activities within the agreed budget and the planning related to the field;
- Encourage product development where necessary (actively submit ideas).
- Completed technical education at a minimum HBO level (WTB);
- Field-specific knowledge of AutoCad and / or SolidWorks or similar software;
- Relevant practical experience (7-10 years) in a project environment, preferably investment projects;
- Knowledge of relevant safety guidelines;
- Knowledge of languages: Dutch and English spoken and written. German is an advantage;
- Practical, professional and result-oriented personality with commercial affinity;
- Management and coaching skills;
- Good communication skills and a well-developed organizational awareness.
Ben je geïnteresseerd?
Your application with motivation in English needs to be addressed to
Further information about this position can be obtained from Jehan Hoekstra, Team Lead Engineering (+31 (0)514-608500),
Paques Technology B.V., Tjalke de Boerstritte 24, Postbus 52, 8560 AB Balk, t: 0514-608500,